Monday, January 25, 2010

Egg-free Chocolate Mousse



My children were asking for chocolate mousse the other afternoon. I have a recipe that they just love but I don't often have the motivation to make it because it contains eggs which I cannot eat. Some of the commercially prepared mousses from the supermarket don't contain eggs but they are quite expensive. I did a Google search for eggless mousse and found a great recipe on this site.




It just happened that I had all the ingredients on hand so away I went. I found it quite quick to prepare and it certainly disappeared quickly.

You just need to make sure that the marshmallows are gluten-free. I used a packet called 'Dominion' which I bought from Aldi. It does not state that they are gluten-free on the packet but it contains wheat glucose (which is highly refined and does not contain gluten) and uses maize starch.


No comments:

Post a Comment