Monday, January 25, 2010

Rum Balls

This recipe was given to me by my friend's mother years ago and when I had to start eating gluten-free I just adapted it to suit.

In a large mixing bowl combine:

250 g packet gluten-free biscuits (crushed in blender/food processor)*
1 cup coconut
1 cup mixed fruit
2 tablespoons cocoa

Make a well in the centre and add:

1 tin of sweetened condensed milk (in Australia they are 395 g tins)
2 tablespoons rum

Mix thoroughly and place the sticky mess into a fridge for about 30 minutes. Take small spoonfuls and roll into a ball with your hands then roll in extra coconut. Keep refrigerated.

*If you don't need to have gluten-free then the Arnotts Arrowroot biscuits are good for this recipe. For gluten-free there are the Eskal Tea Biscuits which are ideal. I wait until Coles has them for 20% off for coeliac society members and buy them then. Other brands would probably work okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment